I find it best to use ExtJs, for a number of reasons. One, it's bundled
in ColdFusion, and I can rapidly prototype applications (using the
cfajax tags), then build out full featured apps that directly resemble
the prototypes. Licensing is not an issue, as we are licensed the use of
the library with the server. It is also the largest (that I know of)
consistent library of components available. What that means is that,
aside from being a very large library of client side components, the
internal make up and methods of those components are consistent as well,
making it easy to code and manage because the objects and method calls
maintain familiarity between each other. (not sure if I explained that
well, but hopefully you get what I mean). It is also very easy to write
one's own user extensions to the library, creating your own reusable set
of components for specific tasks.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Co-Author of "Learning Ext JS"
http://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js/book
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com