I would suggest using YUI, ExtJS, JQuery and Prototype. Each one has an
independent value that the others do not carry. For instance, when using the
CFAJAXPROXY, you are using the Prototype library. For UI windows, navigation,
etc you are using ExtJS. When building custom controllers or doing your own DOM
manipulation I would suggest JQuery for ease of typing syntax. YUI is an
alternative to JQuery. I have never used it but there are enough apps built on
the framework to make it a worthy option.