Diogenes rather "mad" man sounds like, interesting though

Coldfusion is definitely my preferred language,  but this is DEFINITELY not
about how coldfusion is great. it is, i will not ever argue.  what i'm trying
to figure out is what can i interface with to create a mailer application.
what technology is going to produce 50 to 100 thousand emails an hour out of a
typical dedicated server?  does anyone know.  something a little less obscure
then "coldfusion can do anything" haha