I have had a similar problem with my site recently, could i ask whether you
use session variables as the structure for your login process and also
whether you have J2EE session variables enabled or just using regular
session variables (cookie based) in your CF admin settings.

Not sure if your issue is the same and i am also not sure if I have fully
solved my issue but the instances have reduced. I am restricted by the
hosting company config, they don't allow j2ee session variables and I had an
issue with the regular session variables not clearing and users could not
login.  This can be an issue with cflocation if you have a redirect post
vaildating the user credentials and you would also check that you are
clearing the session variables upon logout.  If you can enable j2ee it
should solve the issue or in my case I have a bunch of cfide cookie expiries
and structdelete's to clear the CFIDE tokens onSessionEnd in my app.cfc

I found these posts useful, may not be your issue but interesting the same:

http://www.jensbits.com/2009/07/29/coldfusion-dropping-losing-or-resetting-session-variables-and-cfidcftoken/
http://www.mail-archive.com/cf-talk@houseoffusion.com/msg35466.html

Cheers,

Bas.