I find the error checker slows it down big time...

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Wil Genovese [mailto:jugg...@visi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:18 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: IDE for coldfusion 9

Adam,

1. Mylyn Integration.....Yes it's that important
http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=774
80

2. Proper code folding - See cfeclipse or even Homesite to know what I mean.
(here's a few items)
http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=789
02
http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=773
74

3. Extensions that DON'T require a CF server to be attached - Homesite had
this.

4. SPEED - so far she's a bit sluggish captian an I'm given'r all she's got.

5. And look at my feature requests here
http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=774
40

I use CFBuilder all day everyday.  Overall not to bad.  There are a fair
number of reports about CFB being slow in certain tasks.  And I experience
this.  It is also painfully slow with SVN integration; SubClipse or
Subversive.  However, it is faster on my MacBook Pro than my Win XP Pro work
computer.  And this is not perceived time, but actual measured time and
really only in VERY VERY large CF applications.  I'm not sure if this is
purely the SVN client at issue or if it is the integration of the SVN client
and CFB.  Heck it could even be the crappy Windows file system as compared
to the OS X file system.  BY large SVN Repo I mean 58,000+ files in 17,000+
folders and somewhere around 400+Mb.  Yes, our app is that big.

At this point - I'd pay maybe $99 tops for CFB.

Thanks,

Wil Genovese