We have an app with a protected area that just using a basic session check
in application.cfm.  In the protected area there is a directory of PDFs.  No
one can access them through the app without logging in.  If the person knew
the url to the pdf though it would serve since application.cfm would not run
to check the session.  Is there any quick way to secure these?  Maybe with
windows authentication?  I know we could make a cfm page to look up and
serve the file so the link to the pdf is never exposed but these are
uploaded via a cms and the link put into the page by the client that would
be more of a training exercise to make sure they are using the right link to
the pdf, etc.