>I know its the obvious, but Vista has many ways of preventing services from
>accessing critical processes, make sure the built in Firewall is not
>blocking the ports or the JVM.

Thanks for the thoughts, but nope, nothing that I can find that would seem to
be an issue. I did end up reinstalling CF8 on my machine and it's starting up
fine again....but still no dice getting debug output. I tried creating a
directory with nothing but an plain index.cfm page in it, and still no debug.
The line debugger works fine, and having that on or off doesn't seem to make
any difference. Tried all the suggestions for IP addresses in the settings, and
also tried removing all of them, which is supposed to send the debug output to
the browser for anyone, but still nothing.