Mark, We encountered the error running with JIT disabled, so JIT is vindicated.

The WSDL shouldn't be changing at all. I haven't tried using a static version,
and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't solve the problem fully. As I noted earlier,
the error sometimes happens when requesting the WSDL and sometimes when
invoking a method in the web service. A static WSDL might solve the former, but
almost certainly not the latter.

Leon