> Dave, you just can't stand it when someone else has an opinion, can you?

Opinions are fine. Informed opinions are better. I reserve the right
to point out what I see as the errors in the opinions of others.

> I can tell you one thing...I may not have any experience selling
> "selling non-custom desktop software intended for the developer market"
> but I, and plenty of other developers, have plenty of experience selling
> our services and products and therefore, yes, we know a lot about selling
> services and products.

And again, if someone else came along and told you they know your
business better than you do, when they're not in that business: would
you accept what they have to say as better than what you already know?

> And it's not a stretch to believe that Adobe has *not* "priced CFBuilder
> right".

Sure. That's not a stretch. But it's also unfounded, it's just a
belief, and what you really seem to mean is "right for you". It may
not be right for you. But it is what it is.

> Perhaps your vast knowledge and experience in the world qualifies you to
> have an opinion, but, actually, everyone on the list, no matter how little
> knowledge and experience they have, is entitled to an opinion...whether you
> like the opinion or not.

Sure, everyone's entitled to an opinion. And everyone else is entitled
to point out the flaws in that opinion.

> Try to participate in the discussions without personal attacks and, as you
> say, "snide remarks"...they just make you look very petty.
>
> Perhaps you should devote time to Psychology 101 and stay away from
> numbers for awhile.  Work on your people skills.

Thank you for your concern, but my "people skills" are satisfactory.
However, I am in the fortunate position of not having to worry too
much about whether random people on the internet like me. And I don't
think it's too much to ask people to understand the numbers they're
objecting to, in a discussion about pricing. Out of all the things I
wrote, the only one you responded to was an offhand comment, rather
than any of the actual substantive statements.

> I've been trying to stay away from this conversation for the most part

You've been "trying to stay away" from this conversation? The numbers
... say otherwise.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite