Adobe CURRENTLY owns the ColdFusion trademark. This has not always been the
case but the trademark has always been commercially owned.

about Railo "I can honestly say that I have never seen a more responsive
project. Community suggestions are made on the mailing list, discussed, dropped
in JIRA and implemented all the time. As in weekly."

This is most likely the problem that Sean was referring to.  Being responsive
to the community is one thing, being overly responsive is a problem.  Just
because one person asks for something and three more chime in with "me to
+++++++++++1" does not make the request 'community driven'.  Sean was saying
Railo needs to wait and see what parts of their flavor of CFML become popular.
This means too many requests are added too quickly without proper market
research.

Adobe is responding to the community in a mature fashion. Absorbing multitudes
of requests, flushing out those requests, talking to the community, to major
players and companies that use ColdFusion to see if a request makes sense and
would be useful. This method helps ensure that only the best requests get added
into CFML and helps ensure proper and complete implementation.

To me Railo seems to be adding to their flavor of CFML as fast as the children
say 'ooh, I want'.  This results in a fat bloated language spec (and fat
children).

+2ยข

Wil Genovese

One man with courage makes a majority.
-Andrew Jackson

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.