> On another note - if you want the best performance out of your vms, put them
> on an external hd, the faster the better, with the fastest connection as
> well.

Yikes! I'm sorry, but this is overall terrible advice unless you
happen to have external eSATA or something along those lines. Most
people have external drives using USB 2, and running VMs from that
will be exponentially slower. I haven't tried USB 3 yet, but no matter
what it's not going to match the performance from running them
onboard.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.