>>I get the impression that he's trying to create new Access datasources
from the CF Administrator without having existing ODBC datasources
pointing to those Access databases. That should work fine.

Exactly.
First, CF 9 installation does not import automatically CF 5 databases. I had to
redefined all of them.
The only thing is that when one gives the name of the Datasource, the ODBC
connection is recognized
and the correct path for the database file is automatically set.

I just tried to define the new database first in CF 5, then in CF 9. It
recognize the ODBC connection like for all others, but still gives the same
error. Under CF5, the DSN works fine.
The only thing special about this database is that it has views defined, but I
don't thing this matters, the driver cannot even connect to it.