>       Ok then where are some good beginning java starters?

As much as I look down on java (watch out for the spit when I say that
word), giving your (lack of) previous programming experience and the primary
fact cf's moving to the java arena, then I'd suggest learning that first
instead of c or c++ if you're interested; c/c++ are... both simple and very
complicated at the same time. I'm still learning new things about them every
day myself.

BTW... I somewhat hesitantly suggest picking up something like "assembly
language for dummies" ;-) and browsing it. If you have some vague idea about
how an intel/amd processor *really* thinks it would definately help when you
start c or c++. Although it might somewhat confuse you going into Java as it
tries to hide all that behind an abstracted object-oriented layer.

--min