That certainly seems odd. Try restarting CF and IIS as well

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: David Moore [mailto:dgmoor...@hotmail.com]
Sent: 23 December 2010 00:42
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: CF 8.01 Services freezing up

>Stopping these services should not stop your websites working, at worst
>it would result in database errors on those sites saying they were
>unable to connect to the database, but if the website completely stops
>working then there is some other issue at work here.
>What EXACTLY happens to the site, what is the message you get in your
>browser.

All but two of my website apps use Access with Unicode that I set up using
the datasources interface in CF Admin.

The websites that have "maintain connections" hang and timeout. Ones that
don't have the "maintain connections" selected come right up.

Sorry about repeating some information, I just want to make sure I am being
clear.

David Moore
UpstateWeb, LLC