> Yes they are. However I believe my original point (minus my "supporting"
> argument) is still valid. Well structured urls are better than url vars.  Or
> at least that's what I've always known to be true. And when it comes to SEO
> mojo why risk it?

URL parameters, by themselves, don't prevent a URL from being
well-structured. And you clearly don't know that to be true
(otherwise, the phrase "why risk it" would make no sense). And there
are specific, admittedly minor, costs to URL rewriting. And finally,
there's no such thing as "SEO mojo". This is a fraud perpetrated by
people who want to treat SEO as a black art, and position themselves
as adepts at that art. In almost all respects, search engines reward
the application of common sense.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite