Yeah...i did miss that...sorry...

I agree...if you don't like what you do, you shouldn't do it.

I agree it takes a lot of hard work.  I have been doing this for 13 years
and I busted my backside to get where I am now.  I learned BASIC back in 8th
grade (which was 81-82...so yeah...you have a few years on me hehehe) when
it was part of our science class which lead me to getting my first job when
I was old enough to get my first computer, a C64.  When I was in college,
did COBOL, JCL(I never put those on my resume out of fear I might get a good
job offer doing COBOL hehehe...I hated COBOL.), Pascal, Delphi, C, C++,Java,
SQL and VB...taught myself HTML and Javascript...as well as VBScript.  A
designer friend of mine, who also knows CF, pointed me in the right
direction with CSS.  I take classes when I can when my family life allows
it.  I used to go to conferences all the time when they were in the Chicago
area, but life restrictions keep me from traveling these days and going to
the one I would love to go to, which seem to be concentrated on the west
coast.  I just can't afford to fly out to California and put down 1000 for a
conference (I do like the $30 conference you guys were talking about...I
wish it was closer).  Doing contract work doesn't lend to taking time off,
as I am sure you know...the economy hasn't helped that either.  Chicago used
to have a great conference industry until all the union fees killed it.
When I was getting started in CF back in the last 90's, I used to go to
several conferences a year as they had them all the time here and they were
reasonably priced.

 I'll have to pick that up when I can afford to do so.  Sounds like an
interesting book.  One of the things I lover about this field is having to
learn new tech...though as of late, that has mostly been limited to learning
what I need for the job and all the other stuff that I want to learn has
kinda gone to the wayside.  Speaking of work...time to head out.  Hope you
all have a great day ;-)

Eric