Any developer who thinks analytically can learn any language, once you
already have it in your head what you need to do, learning any language can
be easy.

CF is good because it allows non-programmers to get up and running quickly,
so the learning curve is smaller than any other language. Which can also be
its downside because it also promotes badly written code as well, and in my
opinion that will end up hurting the language even more.

I have seen a non-programmer learn CF, a groovy/grails developer learn CF
and all they have in common is the aptitude.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/