Yeah I have programmed, CPM, Card Readers, 8086, 6502, 6510 and the later to
the Consoles of Mega Drive, NES, SENS etc. And much more.

The point is each language has its own quirks to learn, etc. But you can
still get up and running in next to no time with some small apps, in any
language you choose.

People like you Will is what I am referring too, you understand the flow you
want. And you can use that to learn any language you put your mind too, its
not difficult to get into the front door. Learning all the patterns etc then
that becomes difficult if you don't understand them.

Hell it took me 15 years to learn OOP, back in the days of C++ I always
believed that the extra code and data in a class was a waste. Then one day
it just clicked, but by that stage I was into programming Java and had to
force myself to accept that OOP was good for me.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/