> I never used the word "wins". That's your perception. And no, no language
> ever 'wins', but some DO die out, and
> that more like the argument that is often made about CF.

You did, however, state that CF didn't have the position it deserved.
What does that mean, outside the context of winners and losers? How
would you expect people to interpret what you wrote to mean something
else?

> > Theoretically, that's why people hire us, because we learn and think
> > and adapt and figure out how to solve problems.  So, with that in
> > mind, put that thinking cap on apply a bit more broad minded look at
> > the world around you and you might get a better appreciation of where
> > you, CF and the big wide world of application development really
> > stands.
>
> No amount of veiled attacks will make my argument any less compelling - but I
> guess that's the only resource you have,
> so you have to use it. I fully expected the personal attacks, but it's ok.
> It's your opinion and I respect it :-)

But that's not even an attack! It's just good advice! It's the same
thing I'd tell anyone working with CF! Learning how other languages
work makes you a better developer, even if you're going to just use CF
most or all of the time.

Also, for some reason, people seem to think that emoticons excuse bad
behavior. They really don't, though.

You really need to learn how to read. Reading is Fundamental. You've
repeatedly demonstrated an inability to comprehend what people have
written in this thread. Feel free to interpret that as a (not-veiled)
personal attack. I won't bother with the smiley.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite