>I don't know how long you've been working with computers, Irvin, but
>no language "wins". We develop and evolve. The problems we try to
>solve change. We figure out new ways of tackling old problems. Best
>practices come and go.

I never used the word "wins". That's your perception. And no, no language ever
'wins', but some DO die out, and that more like the argument that is often made
about CF.

>Coldfusion is a solid and respected product. It continues to evolve.
>It won't be around forever, but then again, nothing will be. Continue
>to explore and learn, if you have jobs that don't need a specific
>tool, use the ones you love and get the job done quick. Then go out
>and learn some more and see what options you have for the next job.

Luckily for me, I have a very stable working environment.

>Theoretically, that's why people hire us, because we learn and think
>and adapt and figure out how to solve problems.  So, with that in
>mind, put that thinking cap on apply a bit more broad minded look at
>the world around you and you might get a better appreciation of where
>you, CF and the big wide world of application development really
>stands.

No amount of veiled attacks will make my argument any less compelling - but I
guess that's the only resource you have, so you have to use it. I fully
expected the personal attacks, but it's ok. It's your opinion and I respect it
:-)