I have worked with CF developers who "scoff at" any CFScript usage but for
reasons most would not assume.  They did it because they flat out did not
understand the syntax and I am not referring to some abundant overuse of
CFScript here.  It can sometimes be a balancing act of coding how you want
and/or think you should v. staying employed and making some adjustments so
others stay "happy".