Byron, to be honest this is something that I am not familiar with and have
left that stuff up to Hostek. I have passed this thread on to Hostek to
maybe provide more details and maybe get some other perspective on this
problem.

But from what Hostek have told me, even if the maintain connections is
enabled, would the CNAME trick stop that in its tracks?

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/
Google+:  http://plus.google.com/113032480415921517411