>I'm going to take all messages with certain subjects and have them stored
>without being sent to the list. A moderator will then be able to come in and
>check if a message is list-worthy or garbage. This allows an auto-sweeper
>solution with human intervention to avoid mistakes, the best of both worlds
>in my opinion. Of course, for this to work you need some standard subject
>headers and these exist in most auto-responder packages (thank God). This is
>why you didn't see more vacation posts over the holidays.
>Oh, all the above work will be done (and is being done) by CF and not the
>mailserver. Anyone who wants a copy of the code (messy that it is) is
>welcome to it. Please make requests off list.

Michael I would set it up so (when you are catching an auto responder)
that instead of just sending it to the bit bucket, send a response back
telling them they are sending an auto responder to a large list, this is
a no-no, please unsubscribe instead. Now *that* might stop them from doing
it next time.

Ryan