i use outlook for SMTP/POP3 and it is *not* connected to exchange in any
way. as long as my outlook is open, it can be an autoresponder.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Childress [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 9:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: (Admin) Vacations and being banned

> However, I'm not sure the proposed solution will work.  MSOutlook (who I
> suspect is the primary 'culprit') has an option to send the OOO

I hate to be a stickler about this, but this is the second time I've seen
this posted, and it's making me squirm in my seat to see it again.  AFAIK,
autoresponders are a mail server function, not a mail client function.  This
setting will most likely only be available to people using Exchange Server
w/Outlook or some other server/client software such as Lotus.

> vacation.  I know that Outlook also has the option to do some advanced
> filtering....so I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Again, advanced filtering is a client side activity.  Autoresponders are
server side.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The fact remains that if you choose to participate in this community, it's
also *your* responsibility to make sure you are behaving responsibly.  This
may mean setting up a separate email account for list mail, unsubscribing
when you go on vacation, whatever...

> First of all, I'm in agreement

Oh yeah.. you were agreeing with me...  Ok all done...  :)

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
elliptIQ Inc.
p.770.460.7277.232