Philip Arnold - ASP wrote:

> > The benefits listed below diminishes if application operates under a load
> > balanced environment since it's very hard to synchronize  large cached
> > queries or, any cached query for that matter,  between servers.
> > You can call
> > all other servers when one is being updated but performance wise
> > not a good idea unless you are getting huge returns.
>
> Here's an idea - if you're not going to use it, don't pick holes in it -
> others will find this functionality very useful (I already know several apps
> which this will benfit)

  I dunno.  I think a discussion of the 'good and bad' of the new features is pretty
helpful.

> We all know the problems with cached queries on clustered servers, so this
> (probably) isn't going to change, but picking holes in new functionality
> that many of us will find useful just seems a little off to me...

  I think you're making an assumption that probably isn't true.  The list seems to
have readers of all levels of
proficiency.  Maybe Mr Forta or the figleaf crew and you already know the problems.
That doesn't mean everyone
does.

--
Jeff Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781