>   I dunno.  I think a discussion of the 'good and bad' of the new
> features is pretty helpful.

The discussion is helpful, but to me, Xing's messages always seemed to be "I
can't find a use, so why is it there?"... or is it me just being touchy...

> > We all know the problems with cached queries on clustered servers,
> > so this (probably) isn't going to change, but picking holes in new
> > functionality that many of us will find useful just seems a little
> > off to me...
>
>   I think you're making an assumption that probably isn't true.
> The list seems to have readers of all levels of
> proficiency.  Maybe Mr Forta or the figleaf crew and you already
> know the problems.  That doesn't mean everyone does.

Maybe it's just an assumption that every programmer we've had here has made,
and so it seems obvious to us that if one computer loads a query into
memory, obviously another computer can't access it's memory, it has it's
own...

It's rather like building 2 Word documents, typing into one and asking why
that typing isn't in the other... they're separate files, like clustered
servers are separate machines...

I could go on with examples, but I'd just be laboring the point...

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited