>> 1) "JSP is good, but it's a pain to learn." -- would it not be worth the
extra time invested to learn it? <<

Absolutely. The same can be said for .NET but its not because the languages
are superior but more of an ability to provide solutions to broader range of
clients.

>> If  you're calling the better-suited things in as a CF object (e.g. Java,
COM,
MSXML) to do things, then why not just use those technologies (or families
of technologies) and skip the CF entirely? <<

Because by doing that, you lose the rapid development capabilities provided
by CF. I've used CF in conjunction with COM and, more specifically, the MS
XML parser quite effectively. Would I say that ASP would've been better
suited for the job? Absolutely not. CF worked admirably and I reaped the
rewards of turning the code around *very* quickly.

CF is not the end-all, be-all of web languages but if I can leverage to
provide a good solution, I'll select it over something else any day.

Rey Bango
Team Allaire...