Peter

Well said!

I would add one very important thing... actually 2 related things:

CF facilitates or encourages writing human-readable,
self-documenting, code better than any programming language I have
seen or used.

This means that you, or someone else, can easily read and understand
your program  6 months down the road.

Program maintenance is faster, easier and costs much less over time.

I shudder to recall those heady days when the popular challenge was
"I can write that APL program in 1 line".... but I don't remember
what it does... and can't figure out how it does it! (Ken Iversen is
probably raveling (,) in his grave).

Or John Draper screaming at the top of his lungs at a PC because he
could not get changes to his IBM/PC word processor (written in Forth)
to work... and his document rolled up, off the screen, into the vapor.

.... or counting parens in LITHP.

.... or the mind-numbing verbosity of the Data Section in CoBOL

.... or trying to enter the proper state of mind to understand "the
magic of Pearl"... TIMTOWTDIW... There Is More Than One Way To Do IT
Wrong!

Your description of ASP/VB is apt... it really is a Troll.

Like you, I've written the ...er, ah... Native-American program in
more languages than I care to remember.

Cold Fusion may not be the "Best of All Time", but it is very well
suited for the job at hand.

Dick

P.S.  The first programming language I learned was SOAP... the first
I was paid to use was FARGO

P.P.S.  I can write that SQL Query and Display the output in 2 lines
of code (cfquery and cfoutput).  There, I've said it!