Ok Bonnie,  let me give you the shortened version ...

1.  Someone at Macromedia had a brilliant idea, probably over the fifth
chardonnay of the evening that they could screw a lot more money out of
teh rich fat hosting companies if they gave them a special edition of CF
and charged them a whole lot more for it.

2. Macromedia announced the good news.

3. Every small developer in the world howled from the rooftops and sales
of ASP textbooks soared at Amazon.com

4. The guy at Macromedia, nursing a sore head, saw the messages in teh
cold light of day and pondered for a while if he could brazen it out, but
decided he wasn't in the White House and Wasn't at Redmond so he figured
it was probably an idea who's day hadn't come yet.

5.  Macromedia announced they'd listened to the developers and weren't
going to do this afterall.

6.  Every small developer in the world howled from the rooftops that
Macromedia were great cos they listen to their customers.  (Great huh?  If
Macromedia had taken the more traditional approach to lunatic ideas, and
just let it die or pretended it was not a real idea only a proposal that
wasn't going to be implemented, the good pR wouldn't have happened for
them.)

7.  The CF developoment community went back to work.

Now you don't have to read it all.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia