> at my last position i installed the security patch from Allaire
> (MPSB01-07: ColdFusion Security Patch for versions 2.0 through
> 4.5.1 SP2), all seemed fine, i have now left that position (but
> my site is still there), and the engineers are trying to say that
> this patch caused the TCP/IP protocol to get hosed... i don't have
> tons of details on this, but has anyone else had any type of trouble
> with this patch? is it possible for a CF patch to hose TCP/IP? seems
> strange to me, but then again, i am not an engineer....

I can't see any possibility of this patch (which simply replaces API and CGI
stubs, and doesn't touch any OS files) "hosing TCP/IP". The very worst it
could do is cause problems with CF and with your web server - which of
course would itself be serious, but that would be a different problem.

See, you're not missing anything by not being an engineer. I'm not one
either, but I know better than that.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: (202) 797-5496