I am happy to say my settings are always up on the browser and gladly
it does kill the flash...

I like a fair percent of the technobabble bunch probably am not
typically interested in how many times folks can slide their logo or
plop out pure marketing :) Flash that isn't optionally sent isn't
cool.. and indeed maybe this whole thing migh cause people to integrate
flash selectively :)

We likewise have got calls when our clients opted to utilize a self
signed cert because of cheap factor vs. teh Verisign use-to-be
overpriced monopoly :)  At any rate, same sort of general panic and
general calls...

I have been running IIS for years... I use to be a Website Pro person
myself.... I run IIS because of the easy of installation and rapid
knowledge base I have accumulated...  I only utilize it to serve pages,
log the accesses and interface with Cold Fusion...  but indeed I
finally got my first viral infection in my 14+ years of computing...

Running away from IIS is not the solution. One of Microsofts big
problems right now is the overbearing loopiness of patching a system..
do this and that.. and that patch undoes this... it is almost an art to
make sense of....

IF I WERE MICROSOFT, I would issue the patches and start issuing
frequent all inclusive update bundles that knock it all out... this
piecemeal stuff is really getting to people... AND quit NEEDING A DAMN
reboot every time I patch something... stop the service and unload and
reload... I rebooted one machine about 14 times the other day issuing
each patch... I certainly am considering switching in part due to
that.. Heck I might even end up running my front end web servers on
Linux with Apache again...

I personally can attribute 3 full work days over the last quarter to
patching IIS and addressing the strand of Virus stuff floating
around... I encourage folks to install some monitoring packages...
Install virus software and scan regularly... run backups often enough
and keep track of your systems... Indeed this concept of plug in and
run forever is utopian from the hosting perspective... We all need to
be a bit more aware of what our machines are talking to and who is
talking to them... the ingenuity behind them is only going to get
better and certainly is not going to stay isolate to MS stuff..

-paris
[finding the future in the past, passing the future in the present]
[connecting people, places and things]