Mike,

> I am trying to enable listing of MP3 files in two directory structures
(with
> sub directories for different genres) on two different hard drives on the
> same server.  IIS and ColdFusion are running on the same server as the MP3
> directory structures.  What I want to do is allow either downloading of
the
> files or playing of them in the client browser.  Does anyone have any tips
> or techniques?

Are you saying that basically there are going to be a bunch of files in a
folder somewhere and you don't know what those files are and you just want
to provide a list of the files on a page somewhere?

Do you have any security considerations? ie. do you care if some one gives a
link to the file to someone else and they can download it without logging in
etc?

If you have no security considerations to take into account they you could
do a simple CFDirectory of the folder and output the result to a webpage
with links to the files it finds.  This requires that the files are in a
folder that is directly accessible via the webserver.

If you have security considerations then you are going to need to look at
storing the files outside of the webserver root with no directory mapping,
scanning the directory for files using CFFile and providing links to the
files via CFContent, controlled by some form of user login application.

Hope that gives you something to think about.

Regards

Stephen