I'm telling ya, I ran the _exact_ same code you had. Here is my version:

<cfparam name="KeyName" default="Do you accept third party out of state
checks?">
<cfscript>
function Encodify(encodeThis){
    var encodedString = "";
    encodedString = URLEncodedFormat(Encrypt(encodeThis, KeyName));
    return encodedString;
}
</cfscript>
<cfscript>
function Decodify(decodeThis){
    var decodedString = "";
    decodedString = Decrypt(URLDecode(decodeThis), KeyName);
    return decodedString;
}
</cfscript>

<cfset myid="1">
Original myID: 1

<cfset myid=Encodify(myid)>

<cfset myid2=Decodify(myid)>
<cfoutput>decoded #myid2#</cfoutput>

The only difference is that I used the name, myid2 in the last line of
code.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus