From: Paris Lundis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, 31 December 2001 7:11 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: death of coldfusion

in light of the real product cost still hovering under 2k I would have
say you are right....

however, with the PHP stuff and those Linux offerings, a big part of the
revenue attempt is in support...

sorta makes sense to me, because up front I would never have bought Cold
Fusion cause of the cost... after getting 10 companies to buy licenses
and
the rest to go to the hosting farms I can justify my investment...

It just seems funny that with things like automobiles, fashion, music,
food,
etc. that once a product is slightly old or outdated, they do not make
it
disappear, but rather sell at good discounts... certainly would like to
see
that common prevailing mentality that exists everywhere else apply to
software...

-paris