I've asked something similar to this before, thought I had some resolution
went on vacation and returned to the same darn problem.
Depending on the browser, users are getting "stuck" when they open a pdf-
they can't return to the previous page because when they hit back they are
sent to the processing page. (The processing page is using activepdf). On
the 98 machines with IE 5.5 the user ends up having to log back into the
system--very annoying.
I was using the meta tag to call the pdf. I tried switching over to
CFCONTENT but now the 98 machine gives the error -Error Locating Object
Handler...there is no viewer available for the type of object you are trying
to open...
It then lists the content type: text/html
My code to get the page is:
<CFCONTENT TYPE="application/pdf"
file="C:/inetpub/wwwroot/Temp/Report1#RandomNumber#.PDF" RESET="NO">
</CFOUTPUT>
(I need a random number so they will open a new pdf each time they run the
query.)
The 2000 machine seems to work- (although a bit slower using CFCONTENT) and
the mac is fine.
Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.