Ben Forta wrote:
> Pay a price, yes, especially if you are using frames. But I'd not call
> it a steep price.

I would. Partially because I rarely browse with less than a dozen
browser tabs opened. But also because it causes serious issues with long
running queries/cfhttp calls etc. If I use one tab to do a search and
the search takes about 20 seconds, I can't do anything else in that
time. And if something really goes wrong and a thread is hung up it is
not uncommon to have to restart the browser to be able to get a new
session and continue.

On sites where the all pages takes less than 100 ms the problem would be
smaller indeed.

> Has anyone ran stats on this one?

Maybe somebody who runs a reasonably sized application with single
threaded sessions can run a grep on his logfiles to find out how often
this scenario occurs.

Jochem