From: "Sharon Diorio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: UDF question

> > The server, admittedly, does not host any
> > extremely-high activity sites.
>
> There's the kicker.  Locking variables is something you can *usually* get
away with on low traffic sites.  But put any load on these sites and you start
getting odd errors that are seemingly sporadic (if you're not familiar with
locking issues.)  Since none of us truly knows what kind of load a site might
ultimately have to support, getting into the habit of writing solid code from
the start is a good idea.