Jeffry,

>   A quick search of the link below, Connecticut isn't even listed (
usually
> it is between Colorado and Delaware )

There are groups in Massachusetts, loads in New York, New Jersey and Rhode
Island.

>   It also looks like there are no Macromedia user groups in Idaho, Maine,
> Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, and West Virginia.

I had a look through the CFUG info I get as a manager in the UK and
unfortunately there are no groups in those areas, but there are 3 Virginia
UGs.

Bear in mind that I'm a brit, so I have no idea how big a state Virginia is,
but there are groups in Hampton Roads, run by Raymond,  Northern Virginia
run by Bret Peters at Figleaf and the third is in Richmond run by Robert
Baird.

If none of these are close enough to you, as Raymond says, you should
consider it an opportunity and start your own local UG.  Check out the
usergroup section on the MM site (http://www.macromedia.com/v1/usergroups/).
The CFUG team at Macromedia are very helpful, even to the likes of us out in
the back and beyond of the UK. ;o)

Perhaps at this point I should really plug the UK usergroups. :o)

The UK CFUG, the largest and original ColdFusion Usergroup is based in
London - April 11th they have Jeremy Allaire speaking at a meeting (Location
to be confirmed) - you can find their website at http://www.ukcfug.org/

Then there's me - I manage the Northern UK CFUG.  We cover most of the north
of England.  We're a travelling show... So far we've held meetings in
Newcastle Upon Tyne, Edinburgh, Leeds and York. You can find our rantings
and other bits and bobs on our site at http://www.cfug.org.uk/

Hope that helps....

Stephen