Alright, I will join the discussion here as well, except I will come at
it from the standpoint of CFMX/Neo and ASP.NET.  However, many of the
same arguments are still valid from CF5 and ASP 3.0, such as multiple
platform support for ColdFusion.

I love the ColdFusion Component concept in CFMX, and the ability to call
them as web services.  ASP.NET has made HUGE strides over traditional
ASP, especially in the management of DLL's (this is actually a benefit
of the .NET Framework, not ASP.NET).  Also, ADO.NET is greatly improved
over traditional ADO.  Lastly, with .NET, you have a suite of languages
that can all talk to each other, pass data back and forth very easily,
etc.

However, ColdFusion still has more built-in functionality that I like.
Its still easier, still faster to develop on, and CFMX is even faster
than CF5.

So which to go with?  To me, it is still dependent on the application(s)
you are developing, your web/app servers that you intend to run them on,
and cost (including software purchase AND development time).  If you are
already a CF shop with little or no ASP background, stay with CF.  I
guarantee you that CFMX is worth the wait!

Cheers,

--Paul

Paul W. Wille           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer
ISITE Design, Inc. -- Solutions Architect
www.isitedesign.com
615 SW Broadway, Suite 200
Portland, OR 97205
503.221.9860 x110