> Thanks Dave. I also notice that there are versions that
> integrate with J2EE Application server and versions that
> will integrate with JRun, and others. Will the base version
> that is integrated with the NET framework, the $799.00 one,
> run all by itself if it's installed on NT or 2000, or will
> something else need to be installed? What are the drawback,
> or rather, the advantages to running on top of say JRun. I
> must say I'm not real up to speed on .NET or JRun or any of
> that stuff as I've been happily running along with just CF
> to date. :)

Well, first of all, just ignore the "integration with .NET" part, since
that's really irrelevant - as far as I can tell, that just means that CF MX
can consume .NET web services.

As I understand it, there'll basically be two ways you can get CF MX - with
or without a bundled J2EE server. If you get the "standalone" version of CF
MX, you'd simply install it on top of your existing web server, just like
you do with CF 5, more or less. Or, you could get a version of CF MX that
will work with your existing copy of JRun or BEA WebLogic or WebSphere, if
you have any of those. In either case, you'd have a J2EE server working with
CF MX.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496