"As I recall, we're not too far removed rom the days when  "CF was not
in
the mainstream for things like ISP's. etc"

Touche :-)

Again, I hear you, I simply think its has been weighed up and the
thought is that the "Millions of Mac users" against the "Multi-Million
Other Platform users" had the others win.

The Mac does not have a huge following, compared to other systems... as
I said - just because it is now Nix underneath (and my opinion is that
is is the ugliest GUI I have ever seen on a computer, but that’s me)
doesn’t mean it is now mainstream.

Even if Microsoft made an Apple Shell for Windows, commerical
manufacturers would probably not make server software for it....

See this is a good thread on Mac and Others - none of the PC/Mac hatred!

Neil