At 02:04 PM 5/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>    I have to put together a proposal for a medical office management
>application which will be used in an  ASP (application service provider -
>not the MS language:)  model..  one of the requirements is that the
>application has to be hosted in such a way that a major disaster (natural
>or otherwise) in 1 location can't cause the loss of any data, and only a
>small (maybe an hour) downtime for the application.

  What are you going to do if that next bomb falls on your server?  That
seems like a pretty hefty requirement.  You'd have to do consistent backups
to some remote location on the other side of the world.

>     After the Sept. 11 tragedy, my websites had connectivity problems on
>and off for a few days.  We also had 24 hours of downtime when a hurricane
>knocked down a bunch of telephone poles near my ISP a few years ago.
>           For this application, that wouldn't have been acceptable.
>I have no idea how to approach it. Any ideas?

  Are they willing to pay for something like that?  It seems like something
impossible to guarantee.
  ( If it comes down to $10 an hour, working at Dunkin Donuts is a lot less
stress : ha, ha: )

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!