> "However, to address your point, the belief that you have to
> apply patches every other day is incorrect"
>
> Not really a belief to be honest, I was being a little
> sarcastic in the realm of the evergoing IIS (Is it Secure?)
> joke.

I don't think you're picking a fight, as you're raising valid questions. You
may not believe that personally, but many people do. As an example, a few
months back Gartner Group recommended that if you're using IIS, you should
cease and desist immediately! That's a pretty severe recommendation; I think
that a better recommendation would have been that web server administrators
learn how to configure web servers.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496