From: Lewis Sellers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 2:57 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF 5 and CFMX

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:03:44 -0500, in cf-talk you wrote:

>Dave,
>
>CFMX uses a Java COM wrapper that was developed by a 3rd party and rolled
>into CFMX.  The name of the company that built it escapes me at the moment.
>However, this added layer is probably not good news for COM centric CFML
>code.

A Macromedia rep told me they are hoping to release fixes for the
problems with COM in the first MX service release. I get the feeling a
programmer somewhere isn't getting much sleep of late.

For your information the jintegra com<-->java interface a) is a slug
and b) doesn't work very well, especially with COM properties. In fact
isn't a single COM I have that works at all under CFMX if it involves
setting a property.

I rolled back to CF5 for the time being.

--min