From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 2:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Storing Queries in Application Scope

Ben,

What about 3rd party upgrades...?  Example given: Axis - Are those being

released in the form of a patch or perhaps instructions on how to do it?

Same thing with the jre?

Just curious.

~Todd

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Ben Forta wrote:

> Douglas,
>
> Well, if you are planning to wait for an SP you could end up waiting
> for a long long time, there is no SP scheduled at this time.
>
> And while there have been posts here about problems upgrading, realize

> that there are a couple of thousand subscribers to this list (and far
> less than that are regular contributors) and that is a very small
> percentage of the CF user base - the reality is that most users have
> not experienced upgrade problems at all. With the exception of COM
> (which is being looked at) and the documented changes (e.g. advanced
> security, dynamic database connections) this has actually been a very
> painless upgrade for most (far less painful than say CF3.x to CF4 or
> CF4 to CF4.5).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --- Ben

Todd Rafferty ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - http://www.web-rat.com/ |
        Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion           |
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/  |
http://www.flashCFM.com/   - webRat (Moderator)            |
http://www.ultrashock.com/ - webRat (Back-end Moderator)   |