Charlie,

The link is
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-b20.htm

The quote on the page is :

I checked with one of our technical people and this is what he said:
*****
Most database (including SQLServer) presume that the database structure does
not change between re-uses of parameterized queries.

Here are three possible solutions. Try #1 first - it may be enough to fix
the problem.
With #2 and #3 efficiency is reduced because the SQL statement will be
compiled more often.

1. Avoid using wildcard SELECT * expressions.

The expansion of the "*" is the part of the SQL statement most likely to
change when the schema is altered, making the compiled SQL statement become
invalid. If the specific fields are listed (and presuming they are still
valid fields after the schema change) the compiled statement might still be
useable.

2. Change [Max Pooled Statements] in Datasource Advanced Settings to zero.

3. Use inline arguments instead of <cfqueryparam> to cause the SQL statement
be re-compiled by SQLServer for every request.
*****

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.