Hi Angus,

>What sort of application was it?
A very basic calculation application. i.e. I fill out textbox one,
textbox two and textbox three shows the calculated result, then insert
into the database.

I know about all the lists, I used them as well. What I found their is
that most of the people on the list are learning as well so although
sometimes the answers/suggestions worked, most of the time they
didn't.

>I'm really interested in what sort of tutorials would cover the gap. Can you
>be more specific ie topics for learning. I'd be happy to write some myself.

Well first and foremost how to lay out an application. I know of
Cairngorm or ARF, but I found is that the complexity of them are so
full on the time it would take would far out weigh what I had to deal
with, that said I had some help with a mixature of the two from
someone (whom I can't mention top secret stuff).

And I think Angus you nailed it on the head when you said "It's also
significantly different to CF. " So in terms of that perhaps a "Guide
to move your code from CF to Flex"

- Validation
- Inserting Data into the database
- Understanding MVC from a ColdFusion Perspective
- What is OO?
- Why write is ActionScript Compared to <mx:Tags>

etc.

I know heaps of CF'ers whom really want to use Flex but the learning
curve is so huge that it scares them off. Hell I even know .NET
programmers who would Like to use it but I tell them...No garry no!

I'm not giving up on it but I'm definantly not going to recommend it
again.

Jeremy
P.S. And for the jobs that are out their... .NET far out weighs any CF
jobs. Unfortuantly. If I'm going to spend time learning another
language its going to be that.