It's hardly a secret any more Andrew.   Ben and Tim and others are
busy tramping the world telling anyone who'll listen that there's a
new version coming out and "sneak previewing" new features almost
every day.

Tim Buntel said at WebDU that CF8 would be released "around Mid Year
we hope".   If he meant it to be a secret that wasnt the right place
to say that.

Tim's not wet behind the ears.  He wanted us to know that's when the
product was expected out.

Knowing what I know about product development cycles, I would guess
that Tim knew then exactly what date the product was going to be
released but didnt want to say just then.   I can think of a few
reasons why he wouldnt want to announce the date, even though it had
been settled on long ago:

[1] to generate curiosity and have us discussing it
[2] to keep potential spoilers in teh dark to make their
counter-attack planning more difficult
[3] to allow for the possibility of problems that might delay the
launch date - e.g. bugs appearing, delivery snafus in  documentation,
packaging etc
[4] to maintain sales of MX7 for as long as possible.  As soon as a
new version of any software is annnounced, sales of the older version
must drop off markedly as people wait for the new one before buying.

But expect to see the new CF8 "mid year".

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month