Hi All,
just to follow up with one point that mike forgot...
Andrew, Not everyone is on the Beta, if there is even such a thing... So
posting on the said forums is not possible for everyone...

With all the Adobe CF8 noise in almost every other country but Australia, i
think this is TOTALLY VALID question for a ColdFusion list...

And now, on a tangent about betas.. It is like fight club.. the first two
rules say it all.

Cheers,
Lucas.

On 5/9/07, Mike Kear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's hardly a secret any more Andrew.   Ben and Tim and others are
> busy tramping the world telling anyone who'll listen that there's a
> new version coming out and "sneak previewing" new features almost
> every day.
>
> Tim Buntel said at WebDU that CF8 would be released "around Mid Year
> we hope".   If he meant it to be a secret that wasnt the right place
> to say that.
>
> Tim's not wet behind the ears.  He wanted us to know that's when the
> product was expected out.
>
> Knowing what I know about product development cycles, I would guess
> that Tim knew then exactly what date the product was going to be
> released but didnt want to say just then.   I can think of a few
> reasons why he wouldnt want to announce the date, even though it had
> been settled on long ago:
>
> [1] to generate curiosity and have us discussing it
> [2] to keep potential spoilers in teh dark to make their
> counter-attack planning more difficult
> [3] to allow for the possibility of problems that might delay the
> launch date - e.g. bugs appearing, delivery snafus in  documentation,
> packaging etc
> [4] to maintain sales of MX7 for as long as possible.  As soon as a
> new version of any software is annnounced, sales of the older version
> must drop off markedly as people wait for the new one before buying.
>
> But expect to see the new CF8 "mid year".
>
> Cheers
> Mike Kear
> Windsor, NSW, Australia
> Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
> AFP Webworks
> http://afpwebworks.com
> ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month
>

> On 5/9/07, Andrew Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Maybe posting that on the beta forum would have been better...
> >
> > Strange it hasn't even reached RC yet, so August or later might be the
> time.
> >

> > On 5/9/07, Dale Fraser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Anyone got any ideas on a CF8 timeline?
> > >

> > > I need a couple of the features and considering waiting or using 3rd
> party
> > bits to plug the gaps in the middle, it will depend on the timeframe and
> > know we probably wont know an exact date, but an idea (Month) would be
> good.
> > >

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Dale Fraser
> > >

> > > http://dale.fraser.id.au/blog