Joel,

I think most of us would agree with that, even Barry. The thing is that most
people do tend to get caught up in the fact that it could have been done
better or that this could have been done.

Coldfusion is not at fault, nor is the programmer to some degree.

I was done having a smoke and thinking about this for a bit, and the thing
that came to mind was when I came back up and washed my hands. We live in a
society now that has a very precious commodity in water and the thing is
that with some foresight on the developers back then, we may be in a
different position than we are today (maybe, maybe not).

Would could certainly blame them, but what good would it do. We learn from
that and moved on, we built better things all the time due to this
experience of the past.

Developing applications is no different...

But Barry, I am curious why you brought it up in the first place though.
Obviously something ticked you off enough to get other people's opinions I
guess:-)

And my 2c worth, I have code that I have been maintaining now for 2 years. I
seriously wish I had the time to refactor a lot of the older code with what
I know now.

As for Geoff's statements, I did state that I agreed. But it doesn't just
apply to Coldfusion, it comes down to the person and what they have time to
develop as Geoff stated.

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.